Wednesday, July 31, 2013

June 18, 2013 - Crystal Cove and Laguna Beach

  
The Beachcomber Crystal Cove State Park

Awoke to good ol' June Gloom, which is definatly here in Santa Rosa as I write this at the end of July. Lazed around the room until 9:45, had planned to have breakfast at The Cottage, but were saddened to find it had closed.  

Crystal Cove State Beach Shacks


As plan B we drove through Laguna Beach to The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove State Park for a lovely breakfast and to watch the fog burn off.  The fog did burn off for a short time, only to appear again. I had a delicious French Toast made with brioche, banana and nuts. Too much to eat! Mark had a scramble.  



 I loved the way the tunnel to the beach had been painted by school children.After a walk on the beach we drove up to Crystal Cove Shopping Center to become inspired at Juxtaposition.



Driving through Laguna Beach reminds me of all the trips I  took with mom and dad to Baja before the 405 was built, driving in stop and go traffic until we hit the 5 in Dana Point. I think that's why that “Beach Cities” exit is forever etched in my memory.


South Laguna Beach


We spent the late afternoon and evening with Bob and Peggy in San Clemente.

No comments:

Post a Comment